Thanks for joining me on my book tour! I’m Quinn Anderson, author of On Solid Ground and All of the Above. I’m here to share some inside information about Cam Boy, coming out on February 12th, my 28th birthday! Stay tuned to hear about the friend who inspired this novel, fun facts, and more about the characters. Leave comments on the tour posts for a chance to win a $10 Riptide Publishing gift card!
Five Fun Facts about Cam Boy
- When I first started publishing, one of my goals was to have a print book in every color of the rainbow. That’s one reason why each Murmur Inc. book is a bold, solid color. I knew this one was going to be orange from the get-go, and I was able to work the orange theme into the narrative in fun ways!
- I went through a lot of potential titles for this book before settling on Cam Boy. I actually wanted to call it Newbie, but that lacked the same energy and directness. Cam Boy, in the end, said it all.
- I have a friend who’s a webcam performer, and they were instrumental in helping me research this novel. They paid for college by being a sex worker, and they had so many stories, both good and bad. Cam work is a lot more complicated than you might think! In a lot of ways, it’s like retail: demanding, you occasionally have to deal with rude customers, and you engage with people from all walks of life.
- I would have loved to have given more screen time to Josh’s friends and three roommates. They’re such funny characters, and all so different from each other. I like A.J. the best, the Abercrombie-wearing frat-boy wannabe who’s actually sweet and supportive.
- I have a serious weakness for gingers, and in this book, I finally got to write Mike, a sexy ginger protagonist. Unfortunately, my other main character, Josh, doesn’t share my predilection. That was the first of many speedbumps in their way, but by the end of the book, Josh is given plenty of reasons to appreciate redheads. *cough*
About Cam Boy
Their chemistry is undeniable, but he knows better than to mix business with pleasure.
After years of making minimum wage, twenty-one-year-old Josh Clemmons may have found his salvation. Murmur Inc., a local adult entertainment company, is hosting auditions for new performers, and Josh has been invited to try out. If he can make it as a porn star, he can kiss his money troubles goodbye.
Mike Harwood is a loud-and-proud professional adult entertainer. In the past three years, he’s starred in dozens of films, and he’s very good at what he does. But as focused as he’s been on work, he’s neglected everything else, including his love life. He’s so used to faking attraction, he can no longer tell when something real is staring him in the face.
Josh gets the job, but when porn fails to live up to the fantasy, he quits to do cam work instead. But he can’t stop thinking about the one scene he filmed, and the captivating man he filmed it with. Their chemistry is undeniable, but Mike knows better than to mix business with pleasure. Then again, with true love on the line, this unorthodox office romance may need a second take.
About Murmur Inc.
Murmur Inc.—one of L.A.’s premier adult entertainment companies—prides itself on delivering sex that’s not only hot but high-quality. For decades, they’ve been delighting their rabid fanbase with porn with actual plots, rich fantasies, and stars that boast both good looks and business savvy. And above all else, they employ beautiful people of every shape, size, color, and orientation.
There’s no shortage of talent wandering Murmur Inc’s halls, and oddly enough, no shortage of romance simmering behind the scenes. Murmur Inc. takes mixing business with pleasure to new levels. Want an inside look at the personal lives of Murmur Inc’s hottest stars? No subscription necessary.
About Quinn Anderson
Quinn Anderson is an alumna of the University of Dublin in Ireland and has a master’s degree in psychology. She wrote her dissertation on sexuality in popular literature and continues to explore evolving themes in erotica in her professional life.
A nerd extraordinaire, she was raised on an unhealthy diet of video games, anime, pop culture, and comics from infancy. Her girlfriend swears her sense of humor is just one big Joss Whedon reference. She stays true to her nerd roots in writing and in life, and frequently draws inspiration from her many fandoms, which include Yuri on Ice, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Buffy, and more. Growing up, while most of her friends were fighting evil by moonlight, Anderson was kamehameha-ing her way through all the shounen anime she could get her hands on. You will often find her interacting with fellow fans online and offline via conventions and Tumblr, and she is happy to talk about anything from nerd life to writing tips. She has attended conventions on three separate continents and now considers herself a career geek. She advises anyone who attends pop culture events in the UK to watch out for Weeping Angels, as they are everywhere. If you’re at an event, and you see a 6’2” redhead wandering around with a vague look on her face, that’s probably her.
Her favorite authors include J.K. Rowling, Gail Carson Levine, Libba Bray, and Tamora Pierce. When she’s not writing, she enjoys traveling, cooking, spending too much time on the internet, playing fetch with her cat, screwing the rules, watching Markiplier play games she’s too scared to play herself, and catching ’em all.
Connect with Quinn:
To celebrate the release of Cam Boy, one lucky winner will receive a $10 Riptide credit! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on February 17, 2017. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!