Love Bytes says hello and welcome to author Eli Easton joining us today to talk about her new release “Five Dares” published by Riptide Publishing.
Eli talks about her own favorite college romances and there is a giveaway to participate in!
Welcome Eli 🙂
My Top Five College Age Romances
By Eli Easton
I’m excited to finally be able to talk about “Five Dares”, a college age romance I wrote this past winter. This story has a simple but inescapable slide from best friends to lovers for Andy and Jake, two life-long best buds who are both daredevils and adrenaline junkies.
I love NA (New Adult) or collage age romances. That’s such a great time—old enough to be able to make mature decisions (well, sort of) about sex and romance, but still young enough to be figuring out who you are. Also, there’s a lot of tropey potential in things like sharing a dorm room, taking a road trip, or meeting someone new in a class or on an assignment. It’s a great age for sexual experimentation.
For this blog tour stop, I wanted to share five of my favorite college age romances written by other authors.
Eli Easton’s Top Five College Age Romances:
- Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy. This was my first Sarina Bowen book, and it got me hooked on her as an author. In this story, two ex best friends are stuck together at hockey camp. The two experimented together years ago, which caused an immediate rift in their relationship. But now they get a second chance to work it out. Well-written, funny, and steamy! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25686927-him
- His Roommate’s Pleasure by Lana McGregor. This book was something of a surprise. When Adam looks at his roommate’s computer one day, he discovers a cache of porn. And not just any porn, but D&S gay porn. To Adam’s surprise, he has a strong reaction to it. After broaching the subject with his roommate, the pair decide to experiment together. I loved the sense of exploration in this one, with each guy trying to figure out what his kinks were while treating the other with respect. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17913360-his-roommate-s-pleasure
- Choices and Changes by K.L. Belanger. I’ve never read anything by this author before, but I loved this book. One MC is a young construction worker who thinks he’s straight and the other is an openly gay college student. I loved the mature way the characters approached a relationship in this story, all the talking they did about what they wanted in life and how they were confused (or not). Just a beautifully told story about self-discovery. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17234173-choices-and-changes
- Social Skills by Sara Alva. Oh lord. This book is brilliant and so is Sara Alva! Connor is a socially awkward music major and Jared is a closeted football player. But forget the typical nerd-meets-jock formula. This book is much richer than the average romance and so, so beautiful! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12012960-social-skills
- College Boys by Daisy Harris. I enjoyed all the Men of Holsum College series, but this one and “My Fair Dork” are my favorites. In College Boys, jock Chris shares a dorm room wall with openly gay activist Peter. The sounds he overhears gets Chris wondering if he’s as straight as he always thought. Maybe Peter can help him find out? Another steamy story of self-discovery. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13569325-college-boys
Did I miss your favorite college-age romance? Give me some recs in the comments below.
About Five Dares
Andy Tyler has been the class daredevil since middle school. Over the years, he’s convinced his best friend, Jake Masterson, to perform some dangerous-looking stunts with him. But the dare they attempt on the night of their college graduation goes sideways. The firecrackers explode too soon and both of them end up with badly burned palms.
But hey, nothing gets the “terrible two-o” down for long, and they recuperate in style at Andy’s family cottage in Cape Cod. As the weeks go by, both Andy and Jake grow frustrated over the inability to use their hands for all sorts of daily activities—including getting off. So Andy begins a new series of dares that don’t just cross the friendship line, they obliterate it.
But what might be mere sexual relief to Andy is serious business to Jake, who only recently got over years of secret pining for his straight best friend. Inevitably, the burns heal, summer ends, and hearts are broken. To fix things, Andy will have to face the greatest dare of all.
Now available from:
About Eli Easton
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, a game designer, an author of paranormal thrillers, a fan-fiction writer, an organic farmer, and a profound sleeper, Eli Easton is happy these days writing love stories.
As an avid reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast stores of humor, melting hotness, and eye-dabbing sweetness into one story. She promises to strive to achieve most of that most of the time. She currently lives on a farm in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, with her husband, three bulldogs, two cows, a cat, and a potbellied pig. She enjoys reading in all genres and, when she can be pried away from her iPad, hiking and biking.
Eli Easton has published 24 books in m/m romance since 2013. She won the Rainbow Award for Best Contemporary Romance in 2014 (The Mating of Michael) and in 2016 (A Second Harvest). Her Howl at the Moon series of humorous dog shifter romances have become fan favorites and placed in the Rainbow Awards and the Goodreads M/M Group Reader’s Choice awards. She is best known for romances with humor and a lot of heart.
Connect with Eli:
To celebrate the release of Five Dares, one lucky winner will receive a $20 Riptide gift card! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on October 7, 2017. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!