Love Bytes welcomes BA Tortuga to their blog to talk about new release “Finding Mr. Wright”, part of Dreamspinner Press’ Dreamspun Desires series.
Welcome BA 🙂
Worst Case Scenario RednecK Wedding Survival Guide
Hey y’all! I’m BA Tortuga, here to talk about my upcoming release, Finding Mr. Wright.
In the book, Mason is a wedding planner who sets out to do a Texas style wedding at a ranch in Colorado. The bride’s brother, Noah Wright, isn’t so sure he can pull it off.
Mason knows that sometimes shit happens at a wedding. Here’s his best tips for surviving.
- It starts to rain at an outdoor wedding. Always have tents to set up, or a porch to move under. Or, like the Leanin’ N, have cabins you can scoot around in.
- Bouncy castle deflation. Hopefully, you rented from a good company. If not, have other things tucked away for the kids. Mason advises against the Slip and Slide for weddings.
- The preacher is too drunk to do the ceremony. (Yes, this has happened). Dunk him in water. Feed him coffee. Threaten to cut off his nuts if he screws up.
- Someone falls off the horse/ the horse bolts. There’s no way to pretend this was planned. Just laugh it off of no one was hurt and move on.
- The father of the bride neglects to buy food. Call in the cavalry. If there are female relations, send them to the store to pick up eggs, potatoes and cornbread mix. You’d be amazed at what you can do in an hour with that.
- Best man buries a case of Black Cats in the bonfire. Stay safely out of the way and enjoy the show.
- Someone strains/breaks something on the dance floor. Always have a plan to get medical help. If there are no nurses in the family, make friends with one before you get married.
- The dog steals the brisket. See # 6. Also, makes sure your nearest Rudy’s will be open during your ceremony just in case.
- Plan ahead. Never, ever have: A mechanical bull, tequila shots, cow tipping or four wheelers and polo mallets at the reception.
- Always remember. Wedding + Beer + live ammunition = bad
Thanks for hanging out with me, y’all, and I hope you love Finding Mr. Wright.
Much love, y’all
Finding Mr. Wright Blurb:
Everything’s bigger in Texas, including weddings. And misunderstandings.
Colorado wedding planner Mason O’Reilly lands a major contract: a two-hundred-guest wedding at the Leanin’ N Ranch, where his friends Ford and Stoney are working to provide a safe space for GLBT events. The Wright/Preston ceremony is a destination wedding, and as the grooms are from Texas, everything is done over the phone and email. There’s no way that could lead to trouble, right?
Oil tycoon Noah Wright isn’t happy about the impending disaster, but he admires Mason’s quick thinking and grace under pressure. And that’s not all he likes about the out-and-proud wedding planner. Even though Mason’s interested in Noah, his Mr. Right can’t possibly be a rancher from Dallas.
About BA Tortuga
Texan to the bone and an unrepentant Daddy’s Girl, BA Tortuga spends her days with her basset hounds and her beloved wife, texting her sisters, and eating Mexican food. When she’s not doing that, she’s writing. She spends her days off watching rodeo, knitting and surfing Pinterest in the name of research. BA’s personal saviors include her wife, Julia Talbot, her best friend, Sean Michael, and coffee. Lots of coffee. Really good coffee.
Having written everything from fist-fighting rednecks to hard-core cowboys to werewolves, BA does her damnedest to tell the stories of her heart, which was raised in Northeast Texas, but has heard the call of the high desert and lives in the Sandias. With books ranging from hard-hitting GLBT romance, to fiery menages, to the most traditional of love stories, BA refuses to be pigeon-holed by anyone but the voices in her head. Find her on the web at www.batortuga.com