Love Bytes says hello and welcome to author Cordelia Kingsbridge joining us for the blog tour on new release “Can’t Hide From Me”.
Hi! I’m Cordelia Kingsbridge, and I’m pleased to welcome you to the blog tour for my novel Can’t Hide From Me. Thanks so much for checking it out!
Five Fun Facts About the Author
- I have a master’s degree in social work – but I hated being a social worker. I really enjoyed studying for my degree, but when I took my first official social work job – in the ICU of a community hospital – I absolutely loathed it. I’ve never been more frustrated and demoralized in my entire life. I knew right away that this wasn’t something I could spend years doing without losing important parts of myself. And in fact, I was at that job for less than a year before quitting to pursue writing full time. Still, I don’t regret the time and money I put towards my master’s. Learning to think about human behavior and motivation in the context of how people influence, interact with, and shape their environments – social work’s “person-in-environment” perspective – changes the way you think about people, which necessarily changes the approach to characterization. Studying social work drove home to me how important it is to consider all aspects of a person’s environment to understand why they do the things they do, and I always endeavor to bring that perspective into my writing.
- I was a competitive figure skater as a child. Actually, I was a pretty serious athlete in general, participating in everything from gymnastics to horseback riding to cheerleading to ballet. My active lifestyle fell by the wayside during college and grad school, and it wasn’t until I was struggling with my hatred of my post-grad job that I got my butt back into the gym and rediscovered my love for exercise. A few years later, I’m proud to call myself an athlete again – though these days, it’s Krav Maga that’s captured my passions.
- I live in South Florida, but I never go to the beach. I grew up in South Florida, moved away for a little over a decade, and ended up back here as an adult, which is something I never expected. I’m not a big fan of hot weather in general, so I spend about half the year holed up in my air-conditioned apartment and only going outside when I absolutely have to!
- I can’t be productive unless I’m doing multiple things simultaneously. And I mean that literally. As I’m writing this, I also have a magazine in front of me and a couple of unrelated browser tabs open, and I’m going from one to the other in between writing sentences. I do this all the time, including when I’m working (one of my favorite combinations is writing while playing video games). I don’t know why, but I genuinely can’t focus unless I’m actively multitasking.
- I know the numerical placement of every letter in the alphabet. As a young kid, I decided to memorize this one day, though I couldn’t tell you why – I barely remember doing it. Now, the numerical associations of each letter are so deeply etched into my brain that, to me, letters and numbers are essentially interchangeable. For example, I always see the letter S as the number 19, without giving it any thought; it’s completely reflexive!
About Can’t Hide From Me
Charles Hunter’s team is on a mission to extract an unidentified ATF agent from an undercover job gone wrong. All they’ve got to go on is the rendezvous location—until Charles recognizes the ex he hasn’t seen in years. Their “simple rescue mission” is about to get a lot more complicated.
For Ángel Medina, adjusting to life after his cartel nightmare is hard enough without confronting memories of a failed relationship. All he wants is a fresh start. But when a violent stalker lashes out from the shadows, Ángel realizes his nightmare is far from over.
As the stalker’s obsession escalates and bodies start dropping, Charles and Ángel are thrown together in a desperate search for the culprit. Tempers flare and old passions reignite, drawing them back into the same turbulent relationship that once ended in disaster.
But the stalker isn’t letting go—and the next strike might hit straight through the heart.
About Cordelia Kingsbridge
Cordelia Kingsbridge has a master’s degree in social work from the University of Pittsburgh, but quickly discovered that direct practice in the field was not for her. Having written novels as a hobby throughout graduate school, she decided to turn her focus to writing as a full-time career. Now she explores her fascination with human behavior, motivation, and psychopathology through fiction. Her weaknesses include opposites-attract pairings and snarky banter.
Away from her desk, Cordelia is a fitness fanatic, and can be found strength training, cycling, and practicing Krav Maga. She lives in South Florida but spends most of her time indoors with the air conditioning on full blast!
Connect with Cordelia:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tumblr: http://ckingsbridge.tumblr.com
To celebrate the release of Can’t Hide From Me, one lucky winner will receive a $15 Riptide Publishing gift card! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on October 8, 2016. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!