10 Fun Facts About Bleu Balls
Hi. I’m Tara Lain and I’m really excited to share with you the release of my new romance novel, Bleu Balls. This is book 7 in the Balls to the Wall series, but all the books can stand-alone. Each story takes place in Laguna Beach and many past characters appear in each book, but you don’t have to know their stories for the new book to work. So I thought I’d share a few fun facts about this latest book.
- This is the first story I’ve ever written with identical twins as the heroes
- I considered giving each twin his own book, but decided it would be more fun to have the love interests getting mixed up between the boys
- I couldn’t resist including the old twin trick of pretending to be the other. Switching places plays a big role in this story.
- While the twins are called “double trouble” and are known for having sex with various men who attract them, there is no twincest!
- The twins first appeared in Snow Balls and I fell in love with them. When I decided to write their book, I went back and layered them into an earlier book as well.
- Five of the books in the series are revisions of earlier works. Only 2 are completely new in 2017/2018 – High Balls and Bleu Balls. If you read any of the 5 in their first editions, you’ll find the new editions released in 2017 to be very similar – except for Volley Balls, which is essentially rewritten from the original.
- I love writing artists as heroes. I know a fair amount about art since I’ve studied it and practiced as an amateur and find it fascinating. Laguna Beach, CA. is known as an art colony and has wonderful art festivals in the summer and around the holidays, so featuring artists as heroes works well.
- Bleu Balls is the only book in the series that has more than one character on the cover, but since both twins get their HEA in the book, I needed to show them both.
- One of the love interests in the book, Paolo Lind, is an architect. This is another fave hero profession for me and, since my husband is an architect, I know a lot about it.
- Bleu Balls will very likely not be the last book in the Balls to the Wall series. Is there anyone you’ve me in the series you’d like to see get his own story?
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you love Bleu Balls. : )
(Balls to the Wall Series #7)
By Tara Lain
Double trouble. The McMillan twins, Robin and Bobby, are renowned for their talents—both as fine artists and for thrilling the various men who catch their eyes. As different in style and personality as their DNA is identical, they’re nonetheless best friends who divide and conquer, with Robin doing the serious painting and Bobby adding the sunny salesmanship.But when their most important client decides Bobby must wield the paintbrush, the brothers revert to childhood tactics and switch places. Then along comes Micah, a handsome doctor who’s attracted to Bobby but invites Robin out to try to please his homophobic brother, and Paolo, the pain-in-the-butt client who thinks he’s wooing Bobby when he’s actually after Robin. Paolo harbors his own hidden pain that weirdly intersects with Robin’s, but pride and privacy conspire to produce what will either be a masterpiece—or end up as Dogs Playing Poker.