A warm welcome to author Keira Andrews joining us today to talk about her new release “Fight The Tide”.
Keira talks to us about sailing destinations and brought with her a giveaway!
Welcome Keira 🙂
Top Five Sailing Destinations (When Not Fleeing a Zombie Apocalypse)
Thanks so much to Love Bytes for having me here today! In my new book Fight the Tide (the sequel to Kick at the Darkness), a terrifying virus has been unleashed on humanity, turning normal people into crazed killers the characters call “creepers.”
My heroes Parker and Adam were thrust together in a struggle to survive, and that struggle continues in the second part of their journey as they take to the high seas. I did a lot of research into sailing for this book, and also spent too much time daydreaming about where I’d sail to if I won the lottery and bought a yacht.
My top five sailing destinations (when not fleeing a zombie apocalypse):
- Catalina Island, California. Growing up, I watched quite a few TV shows that took place in Southern California, and Catalina was one of the glamourous places the characters visited. It sounded so exotic to me in Canada!
- Galapagos Islands. Now these islands are actually exotic, with flora and fauna totally unique to the region. I highly recommend the BBC documentary!
- The French Riviera. Gorgeous beaches, towns, fresh croissants, and fabulous wine. Vive la France!
- British Virgin Islands. White sands, turquoise water, and lush islands rising from the sea. Looks like utter paradise!
- The Whitsundays, Australia. I backpacked around Australia after university, and was lucky enough to work on an island in the Whitsundays for a few months. It was paradise! Please enjoy this pic of me striking a silly pose on spectacular Whitehaven Beach. I hope to return sooner rather than later. Preferably on a yacht. 😉
Where would you go sailing if you could? Or do you prefer to keep your feet planted on firm ground? Either way, I hope your travels will be far less stressful than Parker and Adam’s journey!
Adrift in a post-apocalyptic world, they only have each other. Is it enough? A virus that turns the infected into zombie-like killers spreads through a burning world thrown into lawless chaos. Lovers Parker and Adam have escaped to the open sea when they hear a message over the airwaves from a place called Salvation Island—a supposed safe haven. Orphaned as a child, werewolf Adam has always longed for a pack. He’s eager to investigate the island, but Parker doesn’t think for a nanosecond that the voice on the radio can be believed. He doesn’t trust anyone but Adam and is determined to keep it that way. They don’t need anyone else complicating their struggle to survive. Or do they? Danger on the high seas can surface in a heartbeat, and if Parker and Adam aren’t careful, the current will drag them under. This gay romance is a dystopian adventure featuring a werewolf, his boyfriend, and their struggle to find a place to call home.
Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J1UKGJO
Where you can find Keira:
Amazon Author Page: amazon.com/author/keiraandrews
Keira brought with her a giveaway for one of her backlist titles for one Lucky winner !
Leave a comment to enter 🙂