Reviewed by Colette
TITLE: Mr. Jaguar
AUTHOR: K.A. Merikan
LENGTH: 33,605 words
Two men lie on a bed locked in a passionate embrace. Completely naked, oblivious to the world around them, they share something special, a bond they couldn’t possibly have with anyone else.
I feel there is so much emotion on the bottom’s face in this photo. I want to know what the story is behind these two guys. The author can write anything they would like, as long as the story includes the following:
1) I love enemies-to-lovers and best friends-to-lovers stories. I don’t care which route you go, I’d just like it to be a story from one of those genres.
2) I love angst! Angst would be very much appreciated.
3) It has to have an HEA. I’ll leave the rest up to you. Tell me who they are, why they are so in love, how they got to this point, and where they are going from here.
4) No gratuitous sex or PWP, but like the picture shows, I’d like this one to have some seriously hot smexin’.
5) Would prefer this one not to have any BDSM.
Life just wasn’t fair for Mike Miller.
When we first meet Mike he seems like an immature jerk. He is stuck in a dead end job pumping gas, feeling sorry for himself and bemoaning the lack of available men to screw. Even though he is 27, he stills sounds like a 17 year old kid.
One hot afternoon a man in a silver jaguar drives up to the pump; and so begins this really fun story of fate handing a HS nerd a chance for revenge on the bully who tormented him and, instead, finding his prince charming.
James is the man in the jaguar, the one who was tormented by Mike and his jock friends in HS. James was outed in a spectacular fashion during a slideshow presentation in class. When they met again that hot afternoon Mike is still thinking with his little head and doesn’t seem to have grown very much since High School. As the story progresses though, we get to see the Mike under the jock and find there is more to him than is visible at first glance. James is endearing and still nerdy and together they are Hot!